Risques et bénéfices des produits phytopharmaceutiques à base de néonicotinoïdes et de leurs alternatives
More than 200 scientists call for global action on neonics. Open-letter published in the journal Science on May 31st 2018
Global scientific review reveals effective, affordable alternatives to neonicotinoid and fipronil insecticides
An update of the Worldwide Integrated Assessment (WIA) on systemic insecticides. Part 3: alternatives to systemic insecticides
1. Furlan, L. et al (2018) An update of the Worldwide Integrated Assessment (WIA) on systemic insecticides. Part 3: alternatives to systemic insecticides, Environmental Science and Pollution Research DOI: 10.1007/s11356-017-1052-5
The WIA 2015 report
29 authors representing many disciplines synthesized the scientific knowledge of the impacts (real and potential) of these systemic pesticides. The work has been published as eight peer reviewed scientific journal articles published as a special issue of the peer reviewed Springer scientific journal „Environmental Science and Pollution Research“ volume 22, issue 1, January 2015:
- Trends, uses, mode of action and metabolites
- Environmental fate and exposure
- Impacts on invertebrates
- Impacts on vertebrates
- Risks of large-scale use of systemic insecticides to ecosystem functioning and services
- Alternatives to neonicotinoid insecticides for pest control: case studies in agriculture and forestry
The complete WIA study is also available as a single report containing all 8 scientific papers.
IUCN Resolution WCC-2012-Res-137
IUCN Resolution WCC-2012-Res-137: Support for a comprehensive scientific review of the impact on global biodiversity of systemic pesticides by the joint task force of the IUCN Species Survival Commission (SSC) and the IUCN Commission on Ecosystem Management (CEM), adopted by the Members’ Assembly of the IUCN in Jeju, Korea, in September 2012.